When it comes to Christmas shopping you will spend a lot of time and money if you don’t organized yourself. Make sure you make a list of the items you want to purchase. This will narrow the options down and it will be easier for you to shop at the mall. Shopping online is one of the most effective ways to find what you are looking for, save money, and even maximize your time. The best day to shop online is late Monday or on Tuesday. On Tuesday you may find more deals from online retailers.
Online Shopping Make Some Vulnerable to Identity Theft
8% of consumers report being a victim of identity theft during the holiday season.
43% of consumers who had their identity stolen say it happened while shopping online during the holidays. ( 27% were shopping during the holiday season and the other 16% were shopping online on Cyber Monday.)
Online Shopping Tips
Some of the ways to protect yourself includes:
- Shopping only on personal protected WiFi connections
- Checking to make sure sites were secure before shopping online.
- Logout of personal accounts after shopping
- Do not store payment card information on the web
- Some credit cards offer protection against fraud.
- Monitor your credit report and bank account