- 18 oz chocolate (I did a mid of dark and semi-sweet)
- ½ cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup espresso powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup caramel bits
- 20 unwrapped soft caramels
- mini marshmallows
- Fleur de sel or Maldon salt
- On a double boiler, melt the chocolate until smooth. Stir in your cocoa powder, powdered sugar, espresso powder, and salt. The mixture will be very thick and you may think it won’t work, but keep on working! It’ll come together!
- Get out your mini paper cups and popsicle sticks. Fill a piping bag with the chocolate mixture and cut out the tip.
- Squeeze a small amount of the chocolate in the bottom of your paper cups, top with a soft caramel, then fill with more chocolate. Insert your popsicle sticks. The mixture should be thick enough to hold them up without a problem.
- Top with more caramel bits and a couple of marshmallows. Sprinkle the salt over the chocolate.
- Allow hardening 4 – 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Peel off the cups and place your hot chocolates in a cellophane bag and sprinkle in more marshmallows for topping (because let’s be serious, that little bit of marshmallow on top won’t be enough!)
To make hot chocolate: Heat 5oz whole milk and 2 oz heavy cream until hot and steaming. Place one of the hot chocolate sticks in the mug and swirl to melt. Top with more mini marshmallows.